CIAO! WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

Monday, August 22, 2011

PANINI


Mi dispiace!!  I haven't posted in quite some time.  I've been very busy with far too many things on my plate.  I'm out and about, traveling to beautiful Vulcano and will share my adventures and recipes as soon as I can.  In the meantime, I'll post a couple simple recipes to hold you over!

D'accordo - Today I want to talk about panini!  The panino is one of the most genial inventions in the world. It's perfect for a merenda (Italian afternoon snack), a pic-nic, or a light lunch.  All it takes are two slices of bread and a lot of imagination!

There are infinite ways to fill your panino, but the most important thing is the bread.  Italians prefer a rosetta bread with almost everything.  Slice it in half, dip the halves in roast beef sauce and fill it with slices of meat – amazing!  Or, fill it with prosciutto, ham and cheese, with mortadella, with salami or with an omelette. These are just a few ways to eat panini.  Choose your favorite – be creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment